Monday, March 31, 2014

2/24/14 Welcome to AMERICAS I !!!

Hey folks!

Guess who had changes again this transfer? Hermana Romero, welcome to Americas I...which just so happens to be the neighboring ward to Colonial (we even share a chapel!) so I have the blessing/heartbreak of seeing my former converts, investigators, members, companions, etc. several times during the week. I didn't get to go to change meeting, which was a bit of a bummer, because it's always a great experience.


Attached are my last moments as companions with Hermanas C and V. Fun fact, Hermana V went on to become sister training leader this transfer (and she has as much time in the mission as me which is a little bit crazy! but I know she'll do a great job) AND Hermana W, my trainer from Montecristo, is another one of the sister training leaders (there are 4, in charge of the 30-35 hermanas in the mission)...Basically, as I have joked about it to a lot of people, I train the sister training leaders. (All three of my senior companions have shortly thereafter been placed as sister training leaders).

Okay enough about missionaries you don't know.... Let's talk about my new companions really quick. I have some exciting companions. One is Hermana G’i, who is about to finish her mission and is from MASSACHUSETTS! We have decided coming from a traditionally "hard" missionary area will help us in our new area (redivided as of last Wednesday to include the upper class part of the ward)...And the other is Hermana G’a who is quiet, but hilarious. She is from Guatemala.

It's been a pretty tough adjustment, but I know I will love my new area and new companions. Heavenly Father knows what we are capable of and he gives us the experiences we need to progress. I am learning that I don't need to excel in the eyes of the world to be of infinite value to the Lord. We are his children, and what he thinks of us is more important than anything else.

This morning, I was thinking about how I tell that to my investigators all the time, but in my heart of hearts, I don't always believe it. I let myself get discouraged with my efforts or feel that I am not good enough. We literally are children of God. Our mortal experience is a brief separation. His plan is perfect and I know that he is always willing to help us. Remember who you are.

Love you all,

Hermana Romero  

No comments:

Post a Comment