Monday, March 31, 2014

2/10/14 What a great week it has been.

Oh my dear family!

What a great week it has been. I realized last night as I was writing in my journal, that, in spite of all our plans and our efforts, things never work out the way we plan them to! Almost never in this world do things happen perfectly. BUT, looking back at this past week, I have been able to see so many blessings and small miracles that I know that Heavenly Father has been guiding us to the people we need to visit, when we need to visit them.


We had a miraculous lesson Saturday night, where we finally found the husband of one of our most positive investigators, Luciana. Not only did they listen to us together (with their adorable little ones), but they decided to come to church as a family! What made me even more happy was when we came Sunday morning to help them get ready, they were all ready to go! And, in spite of the fact that we had ward conference and the meeting lasted a lot longer than usual, it was great to see that the speakers talked about things that were personally relevant to them.

Tender moment of the week: Steven, the son of this young couple (5 years old), during his first sacrament meeting, kept raising his hand to sustain all the people mentioned that were being sustained for their callings (it being ward conference, they read every single person of every calling for the ward and stake).

It makes me happy being here on the mission, and the little glimpses I have into the love Heavenly Father has for us. It's a love that is unconditional...it doesn't change if we follow his commandments or not, He will always love us. He's of course so happy and proud of us when we change and try to be better and obey his commandments because he loves us. I'm starting to understand that a little more as I get the chance to help others to come unto Christ as a missionary. Heavenly Father loves them so much. They are precious to him, and I am learning to love as He does. This makes me happier than anything else.

Sending y'all some pictures of my beautiful companions!




Love,

Hermana Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment