Monday, June 23, 2014

6-23-14 Remember, a missionary is ...

Hey errybody!

We have had a great week in Roosevelt. In spite of having to rest up a lot (turns out I was pretty sick and I've been taking antibiotics...that have helped me feel a lot better!), we had some incredible experiences finding new people this week! This week as I've made an effort to memorize a promise of Preach My Gospel (missionary handbook basically) that our mission president has instructed us to memorize: that the Lord will guide us to prepared people or will guide them to us. I have seen it fulfilled so many times! Instance 1: We went to visit a less active family and the son was leaving (I was a little bummed because he never wants to participate in lessons). Well we started the lesson and about halfway through, the son showed up with his girlfriend! He wanted to introduce us to her. It was an amazing faith-building experience for me. Instance 2: I was feeling pretty exhausted one day and just sat down by the side of the road to eat a small lunch and an ice cream vendor sat down next to us and started talking about how he likes to go out and look at the stars and a bunch of other stuff. Anyway, he basically gave us his own reference. It was super cool.

Our favorite investigator family, Karina and Alex, also came to church this week! It was a really inspiring story to hear of their experience, because they had gotten up at 5:30 (church is at 9 AM) to start getting ready in case of whatever thing that might come up. Their son got sick, and they had to take two different buses and walk quite a bit because the first one had a detour but in spite of all these trials, they didn't let it stop them from coming to church.

Among sad news is that we are finishing another transfer cycle and my beloved mission president finishes his misson! It's been a wonderful 9 months with President and Sister Glazier, but I'm sure that President and Sister Vasquez are going to be wonderful. He's even got a mormon.org video! http://www.mormon.org/bruno

I'm glad to hear all is going well with the Division St estate and that the family is well! I love you all oh so very much. Remember, a missionary is someone who leaves his or her family for 18 to 24 months so that others can be with their families forever. I know that this is the work of God, that the church is true, and that He loves us so much individually. He answers our prayers even our tiny pleas for help. He listens. He cares. He loves me and he loves you.

Have a great week!
Hermana Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment