Monday, June 2, 2014

6-2-14 Some incredible experiences



Hello everyone!

This week has been...a little stressful! We have been working with a less active family to plan a multizone service project in our area for this Saturday and it has been hard moving the papers so that all the details in order. Every day, pretty much, I am praying that the Lord will help me be less stressed out and that I can trust that He will help us sort everything out. There are so many things in life that are out of my control and I want everything to work out perfectly and for all the pieces to line up. But I have learned to focus on what is in my control and trust that everything else will work out for the best.

We've had some incredible experiences sharing the Gospel this week. We had an incredible first lesson with a family a couple weeks back (that we found when we stopped to serve their neighbors...then we went to help them and they invited us in! It was incredible because usually we have to ask people if we can share a message with them, but with this family they requested it of us! During the whole first lesson, the mother kept asking how she could know if our message was true and what was God's church on the earth...exactly what as a missionary, I wanted to hear!) and this Saturday we returned to teach them again. From the beginning of the lesson to the end, it was ANOTHER super powerful lesson! When we asked if they had read the pamphlet we had left with them, they had...and the mother asked us what were the requisites for baptism! They didn't accept a baptismal date because she doesn't want to get married...but I feel confident that she will one day soon. I left from this appointment with a great increase of faith that the Lord is preparing people for us to teach.

We also met with our bishop this Sunday. And, to be honest, our bishop flat out told us he was discouraged with the members in the ward and there were many unwilling to accept callings or complete with them. We gave him a bit of a pep talk and promised that we were willing to do our part to help. And then--and I think this was key--Hermana Hernandez commented about his missionary plaque that he had on his desk. He started to remember his experiences as a missionary and a bishop he had who was very consecrated to his calling. I think this memory will inspire him and remind him of his potential to do good and help his ward progress. We all left feeling the spirit and feeling very enthused. I am so grateful for the chance to be serving in this ward. It has a lot of room for improvement, but leaving the ward stronger than I found it is part of my purpose. I know that, with Hermana Hernanadez and the elders in our ward, we are all going to help motivate the leaders, members, and less actives of this ward.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week. Remember that God loves you, more than you can imagine. You are his child. He has prepared the way for you to return to him, but He is waiting for you to make the choice to follow this path. I love you and I pray for you often.


Hermana Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment