Sunday, June 1, 2014

5-19-14 Sunny San Miguel!

 
Dear family,

Guess who's in a new area? Just guess!


I am in the most beautiful part of El Salvador...called San Miguel! It's also famous as the hottest part, but luckily we're starting "winter" here so the weather hasn't been that bad. More than anything, I am loving being out of the city for the first time. I love my new ward, Roosevelt, and there is a lot of work to be done here. AND my new companion, Sister Hernandez, is great! She's from Honduras and we get along sooo well!

This week we've had some incredible experiences looking for new people to teach (the constant struggle of missionary life haha) including a moment when we helped a family clean up their cut grass and they AND their neighbors said we could return to teach them later on. I love this country so much and the people here! It's going to be a really great transfer.

"This is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul unto repentance; and my joy." (Alma 29:9). I have always loved the idea of being an instrument in the hands of God. It is so humble, recognizing that it isn't us that brings the success, it's him. It's also the idea of loving God so much that you want to do His will. These past few weeks, I've been thinking about the importance of our motives...Not only being obedient to the commandments like a list of rules, but loving him enough that it is your desire to do what he asks.

In a zone conference a few weeks ago, President Glazier spoke of the parable of the talents, what motivated each servant. He asked us what kind of servant we want to be: one that is motivated by fear or one that is motivated by love? I know now that I want to serve the Lord with all my might, mind, and strength. I have to work hard, try to do things different and better, but I feel great happiness being a missionary.

Thank you for your love and support and your prayers. It gives me so much strength to remember how many people love me "back home"!
Love,
Hermana Romero



No comments:

Post a Comment