Monday, June 2, 2014

5-26-14 It's HOT here



Dear famsauce,

I am feeling so loved this week! Thanks for your support, your prayers, and your delightful news. I'm glad to hear that all is going well and that Heavenly Father is looking out for you! Life's always changing here (and yet staying so much the same that it does NOT feel like time is passing)...such as we recently changed our language study to the evening hours to make more effective use of the morning hours. Little things like that require adjusting because one is used to doing things a certain way, but the Lord inspires our leaders. I have learned to appreciate that so much on the mission.

As far as missionary work, I would say probably our coolest experience was teaching a family this week (a mother and daughter) because the daughter was struggling to read a paragraph as part of the lesson and her mom was so sweet and encouraging: "You can do it, baby!" And the next day, the daughter came to church with us and was so excited (and patient when we had to say goodbye to a lot of people before took her home). I love the people I get to know on the mission.

I've been reading in the Book of Mormon and it surprises me how much it applies to my life. I'm reading a part of the book of Alma where it talks about wars, contentions, and wars and was not expecting to find anything about my life or missionary work, but as I read, I recognized in the example of Moroni fortifying the cities he already had (strengthening members and less actives) and building new cities (converting) and strengthening them as well (retention) a model of missionary work. I share this as an example of one way that the Lord speaks to us according to our needs and our faith, through his inspired scriptures. He will answer your prayers...he has answered mine. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be on a mission and strengthen my own personal testimony of the Restored Gospel, and I hope that I can help others to have the same testimony one day.

Funny story of the week. So, like I said, it's HOT here, and one day this week it was pretty much unbearable (my companion uses an umbrella to protect her from the sun...in the beginning I was laughing at her, but recently I have been considering bringing my umbrella with me while we proselyte). About midday, a man biked by us with a bucket upside-down on his head. We could not contain our laughter. By the way, I love Hermana Hernandez a LOT. She is one of my favorite companions to date on the mission...we have really spiritual experiences together in lessons (and she has such a strong testimony!) but at the same time, when it's time to laugh, boy oh boy do we make each other laugh!

Hope you all have an excellent week!

Hermana Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment