Monday, April 7, 2014

I am NOT transferred!

My dear family,

What an inspiring and wonderful week! I loved hearing the talks of General Conference and feel so spiritually renewed. I have learned so much about what it means to be a disciple of Christ: that we must be willing to defend our faith, and to do so with love and respect. I know that we have a living prophet once again and that through him and modern apostles, God really does direct his church, as well as faithful individuals that want to follow him. I have recieved so much personal direction this weekend as I listened to the conference talks, and I invite everyone to think of a question for which they want direction from God. Then, with a spirit of prayer, visit
conference.lds.org, pick a talk, and listen. The Holy Spirit testifies to those who have hearts and ears to hear.

"Whoever you are and wherever you may be, you hold in your hands the happiness of more people than you can imagine" (President Henry B. Eyring, Saturday morning session). We have, at the tips of our fingers, the keys to happiness in this life and salvation in the life to come. It is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we have so many ways to gain access to it. Pray, ask, and listen.

Now for what I'm sure everyone has been dying to hear. YES... I am finally going to, for the first time in my mission, stay in an area for more than six weeks and I have to say, I like it! I finally have the chance to get to know the local members of the church better, gain their confidence, and work with them. I also get to stay to see a few of the investigators I have grown to love get baptized. I am so happy, my friends!

I also have a new companion...Hermana de la T! If that name sounds familiar it's because I already lived with her in Monte Cristo! She is one of the sweetest sisters ever and we are already working really well together in this area. It's just the two of us...Hermana G’i finished her mission and Hermana G’a is in Monte Cristo as the companion of the nurse of the mission. But I know it's going to be a great transfer and that this area is going to keep getting better and better.

Echoing a sentiment expressed in Elder Ronald A. Rasband's talk this past conference:
I love you
I'm praying for you
and thanks for everything you do!
Hermana Romero

PS. My other favorite quote from conference: "Pure Christlike love, flowing from righteousness, can change the world." (Jeffrey R. Holland, Saturday morning).

No comments:

Post a Comment