Monday, October 6, 2014

10-6-14 Where will you be ...?


Dear family!

What an edifying week. We had the chance to attend General Conference and listen to the prophets and apostles of God. Every conference, there are themes that stand out to me. Something I heard testified over and over was that there IS an absolute truth in the world, and that the best way to discover this truth is asking it of God.

I also loved a talk, given in portuguese, about how essential it is that we have a vision of the future consequences of our actions. I have been carefully pondering future decisions I will have to make (regarding career, family, etc.), and it is of great comfort to me that these questions I have are important to God and that He is willing to guide me. What a great blessing, having the most powerful and wise being in the universe willing to listen to our trials, pleas, and requests! He answers us and He will do it in his own time.

The work continues along. We're always working to change small things in the way we teach, in the way we find (especially that we're focusing on and praying to find the prepared people), and the way we work with the members. At some points in my mission, I've become complacent with what I'm doing, or started to think "This is too hard" or "I don't know what more I can do."

But as I have changed this attitude to one of faith, that I can do things differently and better, I've felt specific guidance (through the words of church talks, conference talks, impressions, and scripture study) about what I can change. And with these changes and new ideas have started to come so many miracles. People that come to church or commit to baptism in the first lesson. People that want to find the truth. Members giving us references of their friends and family. It's always work, but it's filled with faith and hope now.

In the end of this letter, I'd like to share a question of introspection that was posed in Conference, that has been really making me think. Where will you be in 20 years if you continue in the course you are currently on? In 50 years? In the eternities? What small changes do you need to make? We aren't here to stay the same. We're here to change and to grow, and if we don't do it ourselves, God will help us (usually by putting trials in our lives).

Have a great week! I love you tons. Your daughter/sister/friend,
Hermana Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment