Thursday, September 4, 2014

9-1-14 A woman came to the door ... and screamed!

Dear Family,

Life is really good in Roosevelt. I looove being with Hermana Herrera because she is so obedient and focused, and she is helping me be a better person and missionary. (And we have fun together but maintain the balance of working hard, which I love). With the two of us giving all we've got, I feel like we're seeing a ton of miracles.

For instance, remember how I told you last week about a woman who, in spite of that her sister had been a faithful member for 10 years, had never attended church? Well this week she came! and, even better, she liked it! When I see things like this in the mission, it reminds me that it's not my work, but the Lord's. He prepares people, and we just have to be in the right place in the right time. (See attached...Me, my comanion, two members, and a nonmember).

 


Funny story: Saturday, we went to contact a reference, and we knocked on the door and shouted a greeting. We were waiting and waiting for someone to answer because they were obviously home, and a woman came to the door...she hadn't heard us knock, so she screamed! After we explained who we are, we all had a good laugh, and they told us they're Evangelicals so...we ended up not teaching them. But it was a great moment hahaha.

I love you so much! I love being a missionary, and I love that the Lord is helping me be a more selfless and humble person. Have a wonderful week!

Hermana Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment