Tuesday, August 5, 2014

8-4-14 I am here to be bold.



Dear Family,

Birthday shoutout to BETH!!! I hope you and Hannah and the whole family can do something excellent this week to celebrate! All my love and a ton of virtual hugs!

This week was super awesome becauuuuuse we had investigators that came to church! An entire family (a couple, their son, and the grandma). We have been teaching them since my first week in Roosevelt, and it's basically a miracle every time we teach them because they have tons of questions, want to learn everything... They had some trials, such as they didn't want to get married, and the mom of the family has classes ONLY Sundays. But this week, they showed up on their own (thanks to August vacations) and loooved it! We were so happy. We also contacted a part-member family that is interested in learning and progressing.

One thing here that marks the culture here is that everyone likes to give us food (hah and my waistline is showing it a little bit)... and although I feel bad when I can tell they're not in a great situation financially, I remember that we represent Jesus Christ, and the way they treat us corresponds with that title. I feel really honored sometimes with the chance to be a missionary.

Scripture of the week...I love 3 Nephi 5:13, "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." I love how clear and bold the scriptures are. This is the Lord's work, and I am here to be bold.

I hope you have all been having personal success, in your studies, in your jobs, in your personal relationships. I hope that you feel the love of God in your lives. Sometimes we feel he has abandoned us or doubt that He exists, but he's only a prayer away. I invite you all to put this to the test this week!

Love you so much,
Hermana Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment