Thursday, September 5, 2013

Safely arrived in the Mexico City Mission Training Center [MTC]

At the insanely early hour of 4 AM on Tuesday Sept 3 Rosie was up & dressed in her missionary clothes, and getting ready to head to Logan airport to fly off to Mexico City. She was clearly excited but still seemed somehow rather calm and collected.

She drove in with her parents, sailed through the TSA screening and then poof! - she was gone ... for eighteen months.


Later in the evening after she had arrived in Mexico, she had the chance to send her parents a quick email:

from: Rosemary Baratta
date: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM
subject: Safely arrived in the Mexico MTC
Hola Mom and Dad!
 
I`m not sure how long I get on the computer (and a lot of the symbols are in weird places, which makes typing weird), but they give us some time to let you folks back at home know we are safe! When I got to Texas, I found a ton of missionaries, since apparently they routed most of us through there! It was fun to play ´´Spot the missionary´´ because nobody had tags on!
 
Also, tender mercy of the day: I thought I forgot my retainer at home, and was totally resigned to having to ask you to send it to me, but then I looked in my carry-on for a granola bar, and there it was! (Didn`t find the granola bar, but in the grand scheme of things, WAY less important).
 
I think that`s it for now? Not a ton has happened yet...more next week!
 
Mucho amor,
xoxoxoxoxo
Hermana Baratta

2 comments:

  1. Mom, glad to see you've got the bloggy blog thing figured out (without any help even!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I even surprise myself - next step is to post a picture of her!

    ReplyDelete